This module drives Stepper Motors with current up to 6A/phase,
the module includes a full MCU (Motion Control Unit), with up to 4 general
inputs, software configurable to be limits, home, and/or encoder inputs.
The driver output can be configured as : full step, half step, 4 or 8
uSteps per step.
The MCU accepts parameters from a remote PC through a fast property
serial communication link, completely implemented in hardware.
Up to 64 modules can be daisy chinned to one master interface board on PC.
Operates from a single power supply within a wide range of voltages.
The module accelerates the motor using an optimized multi-ramp algorithm
developed by Global R&D. This algorithm allows the fastest and smoothest
acceleration, starting with a step initial velocity, acceptable by stepper
motor pull-in torque, and gradually accelerating by many acceleration ramps,
till the final velocity is reached.
If the final velocity is changed the MCU will accelerate/decelerate to fit
the velocity change.
A 24 bit position counter is included. When the count is reached a
deceleration phase is entered (or hard stop is performed, if mode is selected).
A full 24 bit quadrature encoder circuitry is also included.
The deceleration phase can also be entered at set-point. The encoder counter
can be incremented 1,2 or 4 times each encoder cycle.
The technology used allow this high power driver including the full MCU and
communication to fit in small 6.7 x 11.0 x 1.6 cm module with no need for
* Initial velocity
* Final velocity
* Decelerated or Hard stop
* Run until the Limit uSwitch is reached
* Run until Home is reached
* Run until exit from Home
* Run until Position counter ends
* Run until Encoder set point is reached
* Run indefinitely
* Automatically change direction
* Automatically start a new Run with same
parameters (but direction)
* Driver Step size: Full step,
1/4 of a step and
1/8 of a step.
* Driver Run current.
* Driver Hold current.
All of the parameters can be changed when the motor is not running.
Most of the parameters can be changed also during the motor motion, with
A DLL and an EXAMPLE APPLICATION software is provided to easy interface
* Phase drive current. : 6A continuous
* Supply voltage . . . : 24-48 V nominal
* Operating temperature: 0-50 C
* Operating humidity . : <80 %
* Encoder type . . . . : OC, TTL or CMOS, 5V supplied by module
* Home switch. . . . . : Optical, OC, TTL or CMOS,
5V supplied by module
* Limit switches . . . : debounced by module
* Physical size. . . . : 6.7 cm Wide x 11.0 cm Length x 1.6 cm High
No heatsink, no cooler needed.
* Communication. . . . : Dty 9pin daisy chained to ISA interface
card on PC.
* Minimum RUN velocity : 123 ppS
* Maximum RUN velocity : 62500 ppS
* Chopping frequency . : ~25KHz
Get an order form Email
supplying you with your product.