From the Idea to Product
One day you wake up with a great idea that can revolutionize the world!
Yes that happens to all of us, you get very excited with your idea, now is the time to see really how great it is, if it exist in some different way, if it is feasible and how to get it into a product.
How this ideas is really great?
First of all you alone, try to identify the answers for this questions:
- Definition: What is the problem my idea solve?
- Market: How many people my help?
- Competition: How they solve the problem today?
- Responsibility: What if one product has a malfunction? Will that be hazardous?
Then talk with your friends and family, if they get exited as you did, it might be.
They also may add inputs to you, or get your fit to the ground, listen.
With all the excitement of having a new idea remember that you must still objective as possible.
Do a market research
Look for current solutions to the problem you solved and compared them with what is your proposition to solve the same issues.
- The availability of alternatives
- What is the cost of alternatives
- What is their efficiency solving the problem or
- How easy is the operation of current solutions.
Establish the technology level required to make your idea viable.
A low tech technology idea will be easy to be replicated by the competence. Yes you can do a patent (and is recommended) but it is nothing safer than an idea protected by a knowledge gap (The “Coca Cola” formula in the wall)
The technology owned by Global R&D was proved non-replicable. (Yes we suffered industrial spying, but there were unable to copy the product they steal)
We not limited to work with microcontrollers, we can develop low cost product also using FPGAs and any kind of ASIC’s.
Get into the Development phase:
Here is when we first meet, then we will set the following:
- Feasibility, sometimes ideas might need to be polished to become feasible with the current state of the art technology at an affordable budget of cost and time.
- Specifications, the definitions of the product are qualitative, that is OK but a developed product must also have quantitative precise specifications to allow validate the developed product.
- Development budget, any development will require a budget that must be recruited in order to be able to get from the idea to the product.
This meeting with Global R&D is completely free and without any commitment, nothing to sign here.
Here you will get a quotation for your project.
Fund the project
Sources to funding can be particular or with the help of the “Innovation Authority”.
We can help you defend your idea from the technological point of view against the Israel Innovation Authority
Start the Project
Here we meet again, this is the Kick-Off meeting of the project, we will also have other meetings along the project development, here are the stages of the project, the meetings are marked:
- Idea verification ← Preliminary meeting (free)
- Project start ← Kick-Off meeting
- Project concept design
- Industrial Design concepts
- Hardware development requirements
- PDR ← Preliminary Design Review meetings
- Detailed design,
- Industrial Design
- Hardware Mechanics
- Hardware Electronics
- CDR ← Critical Design Review, meeting held between engineers of the project
- Layout and Parts
- Prototyping production
- Prototype assembly
- Prototype testing
- Prototype ready ← Supply of the prototype
All this stages are done in Global R&D ltd. with the shortest delivery times and affordable cost.
Evaluate the market response
Produce a pilot series of the product
Global R&D can produce for you a first pilot series within a short supply time mostly limited by the components and parts supply.
Global R&D can produce for you the product in any quantities including guarantee for each unit.
At some point a Design to Cost phase may be recommended in order to lower the cost and maximize revenues.